Friday, September 11, 2009

Ainsley Joy

We were determined to have this baby 2 weeks early, which happened to fall on 9/9/09. My plan was to take castor oil in the morning after sending the kids off to school. (This worked for both Addie and Chase). However, this time around, it didn't work. Don't worry... I had a back up plan. I had scheduled a Dr's appt. that afternoon to have my membranes stripped just in case the castor oil didn't work. After seeing my disappointment, my doctor stripped my membranes and called in a favor to the hospital. He sent me on over to be induced.
Ainsley Joy arrived at 7:22 pm on 9/9/09
7 lbs 8 oz - 18 inches long



Addie and Chase missed school the next day and spent the day at the hospital with us.


I had hoped for and had several dreams about this baby having hair, but never thought it would be possible. All of our other children were bald. This is so exciting for all of us!

Breck and Ashley were so busy with school and after school sports that they didn't get to see Ainsley until we brought her home. (24 hours after birth)

Our first night home with Ainsley was quite tough for me. I tried my hardest to feed her before I went to bed, but she didn't cooperate. So I just went to bed knowing she'd wake me up when she was ready. At about 11 pm she had me up, but she kept me up until 3 am. All she wanted to do was eat. It's now 10 am and she's still sleeping. I'd better change me sleep schedule.

16 comments:

The Hansen Clan said...

Congrats to all of you! She is beautiful and I am so happy for you guys. Know that we are thinking about you guys.

day in the life of a prince said...

Congrats! She's so cute!

Jodi said...

Congratulations!!! Adorable...please get some sleep :)

jen said...

Oh Melissa!!! We are so happy for you and I am COMPLETELY jealous that you look so amazing after giving birth. :)

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! I'm sure she'll forever be grateful that you went through so much effort to get her here on that special day. Congrats! We look forward to meeting her!

jess and lacy said...

oh she's just a doll! and you go girl for getting your way with the 9-9-09!!! She is just so precious! Can't wait to see her in Oct

Sara Jensen said...

Congratulations!!!! What sweet pictures of the kids with their new sister! I love the name Ainsley!

jen said...

Hi Melissa, this is your cousin Jenny. Congratulations! 9.9.9 baby, lucky!

Jessica said...

So cute...she looks like your family! I'll get some freezer meals over there next week, okay?

Congratulations!

jasonandlianna said...

Melissa!! How fun! She is beautiful!What a birthday!! Congratulations! We are on our way today to get our little girl as well. Big changes for both of us! Just wanted to let you know we are thinking of you half way across the world. Love you my friend!!

White's said...

Wow, she's a big baby for two weeks early. Hope you can get some sleep. Pretty name! Tiffany

Janelle said...

She is beautiful! You are so lucky to have such good helpers too! Congratulations! Good luck with figuring out the sleeping thing! :)

M. Fritze said...

so happy for you! what a little doll. i am currently doing those long night shifts too! but aren't they just so yummy that you just want to kiss them every second!!?

Chelsi said...

Congrats you guys she is a cutie! And I love her name!

Valerie said...

Congratulations!! Ashley looks so excited to be holding little Ainsley!

Becky said...

Congratulations! Ainsley is precious!